How can I tend to pending moderator requests for my Mailman mailing lists?
List administrators or moderators may defer, approve, reject, or delete a pending subscriber request.
To log in to Mailman and defer, approve, reject, or delete a pending request:
- Go to http://lists.macalester.edu.
- Locate the the list admin overview page link and click it.
The lists.macalester.edu mailing lists - Admin Links page appears. From the List, click the appropriate list name. <List Name> Administrator Authentication page appears.
- In the List Administrator Password: field, enter your admin password.
NOTE: Follow the instructions in FAQ 76 to have your password sent in an email to you, should you not know your password.
- Click Let me in.... The mailing list administration General Options Section page appears.
- In the Other Administrative Activities column, click the Tend to pending moderator requests link.
- For each of the moderator requests select one of the following actions:
Defer: Leaves request unchanged and will continue emailing you for action.
Approve: Accepts the request.
Reject: Denies the request and informs the sender of your decision.
Discard: Deletes the request without notification.
- Click Submit All Data to save changes.