Best practices for web images and common sizes
Follow these best practices when using images with dotCMS:
Common image sizes:
- Resize the image before uploading it to dotCMS.
- Upload to site's images folder.
- Always include an Image description to comply with accessibility guidelines.
- Use the style Image Right or Image Left to format an uploaded image.
Staff listing sample
- staff pictures: 110 X 110 px
- single column width: 646 px
- middle column width: 372 px
- right column width: 246 px
- Piper Posts: Square images (will be resized to 110 X 110)
- Piper’s Photo of the Day: Submit it in actual size
110 X 110 pixels
2-column width sample
646 X 308 pixels
Use Image Right or Image Left Paragraph Style
keywords: dotCMS, content management system, web images, image sizes, resize images