How to delete a PDF from the Web with dotCMS
Remove the link, unpublish the file, and then archive it
keywords: dotCMS, content management system, remove PDF, remove link, delete file,
- Go to http://webdb.macalester.edu/admin and log in with your Macalester username and password.
- From the Website Browser, navigate to the page where the PDF file's link is published and open it.
- Click Edit Content.
- Under Actions, click Lock for Editing.
- Delete the link's reference.
- Click Save / Publish.
- Click Admin Screen to return to the Website Browser.
- From the Sites and Folders list, locate the PDF file and and right-click on its title (Mac OS X: Option key and click on the file name).
- Notice how the document's Status has changed from a published/blue dot to an unpublished/yellow dot?.
- Deleting a file is not an option, but you can archive it. To do so, right-click on the file's name, and select Archive.
Note: The archive option is only available to files that have an unpublished status.
- The page at webdb.macalester.edu says: Are you sure you want to archive this asset? window appears. Click OK.
[The File archived message appears.