How to release locked web page content in dotCMS
Ask the user who locked the page to unlock it; otherwise contact Communications and PR to do so.
keywords: content management system, locked, dotcms, can't edit webpage, can't edit web page in dotcms release lock,
- While attempting to edit existing web content, the following appears:
- From the Workflow section located on the left, the user who has locked the content will be listed next to Locked.
- Click Cancel to exit.
- Contact that user and ask them to release the lock.
- When another user has opened the web page content, the following message appears. Click OK.
- Alternately, you may contact the ITS Help Desk at 651-696-6525 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request that the lock be released. Indicate which page the has the locked content.