How to add a new web page with dotCMS
Use the Add New command to add a new web page
keywords: content management system, website, webpage,
- Log into http://webdb.macalester.edu/admin as you normally would do. Go to FAQ 505 for instructions. The the Website Browser appears.
- From Sites and Folders, navigate to the folder where you want to new web page to appear.
- From the Add New menu (located on the top right), select Folder.
- Enter the folder properties then click Save.
Title: Use title case
Name (URL): should auto-populate, leave as default
Sort Order: Leave as 0
Show on Menu: Unchecked
- From the Add New menu (located on the top right), select HTML Page. (Alternately, you can right-click on the folder and select New from the contextual menu and then select HTML Page to create a new page.)
- The Properties page appears.
Complete the following fields:
Page/Menu Title: Enter the title of the page, using Title Case.
Folder: Already entered for you.
Page URL: A default Page URL will appear; enter index or leave the default URL.
NOTE: When creating a new HTML Page for a new folder, change the Page URL to index.
Template: Select a template from the menu, once selected a preview will appear.
Academic Department - 2 column
Academic Department - 3 column
Academic Department - Faculty and Staff Grid
Academic Department - Faculty and Staff Listing
Academic Department - Faculty and Staff Listing - 2
Academic Department - Homepage
Academic Department - Internships
Administrative Department - Staff Grid
Administrative Department - Staff List
Write Well Micro-Lectures
- Click one of the following:
Save: Page is saved but not published.
Save and Publish: Page is saved and published.
Cancel: To exit the Properties page and not add a new page
- The new page appears. To return to the Website Browser screen, click Admin Screen, do not use the browser's Back button.