How to edit existing content in dotCMS
Use Edit mode to edit existing content
keywords: content management system, webpage, website,
- Go to http://webdb.macalester.edu/admin and log in to dotCMS. Go to FAQ 505 for step-by-step instructions.
- From Sites and Folders, locate the file that has the content you want to edit and double-click on it to open it. A preview of the page will appear.
- Locate the text block you want to edit and click Edit Content. The Add/Edit Web Page Content page appears.
- Under Actions, lick Lock for Editing.
- Make any edits to the content.
- To leave the page and not save any changes, click Cancel. When you have finished editing, click one of the following:
NOTE: Do not use the Back button on your Web browser to return to the previous screen, use the Cancel button.
Release Lock - only the editing user or CMS Administrators in Communications and PR can release the lock.
Save - Saves a draft copy to be completed/published at a later time.
Save / Publish - Saves a "live" copy of the content that is immediately available for display on the public Web page.
Cancel - Exits the editing page without saving.