How do I install Microsoft Office 2008 on my College-owned Macintosh computer?
Macalester has a license to install Microsoft Office on all college-owned computers. The easiest way to install MS Office is from the ITS software download server.
- From the Finder, go to the Go menu.
- Select Connect to Server. The Connect to Server window appears.
- In the Server Address field, type smb://academic.macalester.edu and click Connect.
- A login screen appears. In the Name: field, enter your Macalester username and in the Password: field, enter your password. Click Connect[/b.
- Select the volume [b]GROUPS and click OK.
- Double-click the office2008mac folder to open it.
- Double-click the Office 2008 Installer for Macalester.dmg file.
- Open the Office 2008 disk image when it appears on the desktop.
- Double-click the Office 2008 Installer for Macintosh installer and follow the instructions.
Should you need assistance, you may bring the laptop to the ITS Help Desk and a consultant will install the software.