How can I find the list of members in my Mailman mailing list on lists.macalester.edu? I want to find all the member of a class email list or other list. Can I receive that by email?
Log into Mailman to view the Members List or send an email to have the Mailman system send the list via email.
The mailing list's administrator password is required for either option. See FAQ 76
to learn how to request your Mailman password be sent via email.
To view the members from lists.macalester.edu:
To have the members of a list sent to your by email:
- Go to https://lists.macalester.edu/mailman/admin.
- From the List, locate your mailing list and click it.
- The Administrator Authentication page appears. Enter your administrative password, and click Let me in....
- The General Options Section page appears. From Configuration Categories, click Membership Management.
- The Membership List appears.
keywords: email list, mailman, command, email, membership, mailing list
- Create a new email message and address it to <email-list-name>-firstname.lastname@example.org. So, if your class list were ANTH101-01, you would send the message to email@example.com.
- Leave the subject line blank.
- In the body of the message, type who and the administrative password for that list. So you would type "who mypassword" if mypassword is the password for your list.
- Be sure that there is no other information, like a signature, in the body and send the email message.
- In a few moments you will receive an email with the membership list.